KG/WOLF-Garten photo competition - enter NOW!
This year in conjunction with leading tool manufacturer WOLF-Garten we are launching our annual plot photograph competition. The winner of this year’s competition will receive some fantastic gardening equipment (chosen by Wolf-Garten) worth a total of £1750.
•£1000 worth of WOLF-Garten tools and equipment plus one year subscription to Kitchen Garden magazine.
•£500 worth of WOLF-Garten products plus one year Kitchen Garden subscription.
•£250 worth of WOLF-Garten products plus one year Kitchen Garden subscription.
WOLF-Garten has been providing premium quality tools for 50 years and they come with a 10-year guarantee. To be in with a chance of winning one of these great prizes we are asking you to send in the questionnaire below plus a minimum of four pictures:-
Picture 1: A general shot of your plot.
Picture 2: A picture of yourself on the plot.
Picture 3: A picture of some veg or fruit or flowers on your plot.
Picture 4: Any other picture e.g. family members on the plot, a particularly good crop you are proud of, your shed, some tools.
You can submit up to eight pictures but the four listed above are the minimum to enter the competition.
The competition is not only a chance to win some great prizes but also to get you and your plot featured in the magazine. Veggie gardeners everywhere have so much experience that can be shared with other gardeners and we want to give you the chance to pass on this knowledge.
So get snapping your plot and send us your four pictures. If you submitted an entry last year please feel free to do so again this year.
The best win prizes
The best pictures and stories will be featured in future issues of Kitchen Garden magazine.
At the end of September (last submission date for entries September 28, 2012) we will judge the pictures according to photographic quality and subject matter and the winners will be notified. WOLF-Garten selects the prizes and will send these out to the winners. There is no cash alternative.
HOW TO ENTER
Email or post your pictures and answers to the questions to us. Pictures should be either digital jpegs (need to be fine quality e.g. set your digital camera to minimum three megapixels before taking the pictures) or as photographs on photographic paper, not on normal printing paper (these cannot be returned). Attach pictures separately as jpegs to an email or put on a disc. We have difficulty using pictures that are pasted direct on to a document.
Also remember to attach a document containing your answers to the questionnaire below. The answers can be written direct on to the email if you wish.
Kitchen Garden/WOLF-Garten prize plot photo competition
Please answer the following questions:
The more information you can give us the better, so if you prefer feel free to use a separate sheet of paper for your answers.
1. Do you tend your plot on your own, if not who helps you?
2. Do you have an allotment or veg plot in your garden (and approximate size)?
3. How long have you been growing veg?
4. What variety of vegetable can you recommend to other kitchen gardeners?
5. What has been the most challenging aspect of the growing year so far?
6. Best moment on your veg plot this season?
7. Do you grow any veg in containers, if so what and how have they been grown (compost, size of pot, feeding, how successful and will you do it again)?
8. How do you grow one particular named crop from sowing to harvest e.g. choose a crop and give us a brief summary of how you grow it from start to finish with any tips you can pass on.
9. What ‘green’ methods do you include on your plot e.g. compost bins, use organic pest solutions, recycle materials?
10. Are you self-sufficient in some or all fruit and vegetables? Please say which you grow that you can be self-sufficient in and don’t need to buy.
11. What would you say was the most important reason to you for growing your own vegetables?
Please add any further details on a separate sheet if you wish.
Send the following personal information:
Daytime tel no:
Evening tel no:
Send the above together with your photographs to: Kitchen Garden photograph competition, Mortons Media Group, Media Centre, Morton Way, Horncastle, Lincs LN9 6JR or email your pictures and answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that photographs cannot be returned. We do not publish full address details.
Only tick this box if you do not wish to receive information from Mortons Media Group regarding or relating to current offers of products or services (including discounted subscription offers) via email/post/phone. On occasion Mortons Media Group Ltd may permit third parties, that we deem to be reputable, to contact you by email/post/phone/fax regarding information relating to current offers of products or services which we believe may be of interest to our readers. If you do wish to receive such offers please tick this box. Full giveaway terms and conditions.
Current Issue: June 2013
FREE: 2 PACKETS OF SEEDS WORTH £4.25!
♦ Guaranteed success with strawberries
♦ Handy watering gadgets reviewed
♦ We chat to TV's favourite gardener, Monty Don
♦ Revealed: top 20 easy-grow crops for your plot
♦ Toby Buckland's 9 must-grow vegetables
♦ Top container veg: 4-page guide inside
♦ Make more of garlic and broad beans
♦ Win a new Mantis tiller worth £559
• Next issue on sale: June 6, 2013