I make this regularly and with any veggies not just the ones in the recipe.
This week I made it with sweet potatoes, leeks, cauli, broccoli, red onions. And we made up some dried coconut milk to make it a bit special.
Moroccan Veggie one pot.
For the chermoula paste
2 red onion, (I used one red and one white as that's all I had)
3 cloves garlic
small knob fresh root ginger, peeled
100mls lemon juice (about three lemons)
100ml olive oil
1 tbsp each honey, cumin, paprika, turmeric
1 teaspoon hot chilli powder (I used half)
a handful of coriander chopped (did not have these)
For the Tagine
1 tbsp olive oil
3 carrots cut into chunks
3 large parsnips cut into chunks
3 red onions cut into chunks
2 large potatoes cut into chunks
4 leeks ends trimmed and cut into chunks
12 dried prunes dates or figs
2 sprigs mint leaves only finely chopped
• Whizz the paste ingredients in a blender.
• Heat oven to 220 C fan 200C gas 7
• Tip oil and veg into a heat proof casserole and cook on hob till lightly browned about 7 minutes you may have to do this in batches. (Did not really bother about this part)
• Add the chermoula paste to the casserole along with dried fruit and pour in 400ml water Mix well
• Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 45 mins
• Reduce heat to 180/160/4 and cook for a further 45 mins
• Sprinkle with mint and serve on its own or with couscous or crusty bread I did not have any mint.
I don’t like prunes so when I had cooked the dish I removed the prunes which worked well.