Britain's best guide to growing your own fruit and veg
Author: Anna Pettigrew
Anna Cairns Pettigrew is a photographer, cook and recipe developer and a lover of all things organic. She can usually be found either gardening or cooking up a storm. She lives in the Scottish countryside with her husband, 2 children, 1 dog and 8 chickens!
This is a simple supper dish that is quick to prepare and is full of flavour.
• 1 kg (2 lb) potatoes, peeled and halved
• 2 large leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
• 200ml (7fl oz) milk
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 4 smoked mackerel fillets
• ½ lemon, zest of
1. Cook the potatoes in…
A variation of the classic ‘Cheese on Toast’, this green twist is filling and packed with flavour.
• 50g (2oz) butter
• 3 medium leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
• 4 thick slices of sourdough
• 100g (3.5oz) mature cheddar, grated
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a…
Growing your own mushrooms is easy. Try this delicious dish of flaky pastry and earthy mushrooms – it goes down well at dinner parties!
SERVES 4 AS A STARTER
• 10 mushrooms, sliced (any mushroom will do, but chestnut work well)
• 1 packet of ready made puff pastry
• 4 tbsp cream cheese
• 2 tbs sour cream
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.