A vibrant dish with contrasting orange and green. Its sweet and crunchy textures go perfectly as a side dish, or part of a salad table.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 4 large carrots
• 1 clove of garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds
• A large handful of parsley, chopped
1. Shred the carrots using a spiraliser, or make thin ribbons with a hand peeler.
2. In a frying pan, heat up the oil, and add the carrots, cumin and garlic to the pan, lightly fry for three minutes, then add most of the parsley and stir through for another minute.
3. Arrange the carrots on a serving platter, and scatter with sesame seeds and extra parsley. Serve warm or cold.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020
- World’s biggest fruit trees flourish in Eden rainforest - 10th September 2020
- Fourth-time lucky Allett Creative Lawn Stripes winner - 10th September 2020