Surprisingly easy to make and so tasty, these carrot and potato rostis make a wonderful cooked lunch or a light supper if served with an egg
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 800g/1lb 12oz potatoes (‘King Edward’ or ‘Maris Piper’)
• 2 medium carrots
• 1 medium onion
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 4 tbsp sunflower oil
• 1 tbsp self-raising flour
• ½ tsp smoked paprika
• Salt and pepper
• Oil for frying
1. Coarsely grate the potatoes, then squeeze out the excess liquid.
2. Peel and finely slice the onion.
3. Peel and coarsely grate the carrot.
4. Combine the potatoes, onion, carrot, egg and flour in a large bowl, add the paprika and season.
5. Use your hands to shape into patties.
6. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the rostis over a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes on each side, turning carefully and adding more oil if needed.
7. Serve with piccalilli or Dijon mustard and a green salad.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021