Serve up a plate of cheese mash that the whole family will enjoy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
• 1kg/2lb potatoes, peeled
• 100g/3½ oz butter
• 1 small savoy cabbage, finely chopped
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• 50g/2oz cheddar grated
1. Put the potatoes into a large saucepan of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, heat a quarter of the butter in a saucepan, and gently fry the cabbage with the nutmeg.
3. Turn off the heat and set aside. Drain potatoes in a colander, then mash until silky smooth. Season well.
4. Add the cabbage to the mash and mix in. Serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.