Serve up a plate of cheese mash that the whole family will enjoy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
• 1kg/2lb potatoes, peeled
• 100g/3½ oz butter
• 1 small savoy cabbage, finely chopped
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• 50g/2oz cheddar grated
1. Put the potatoes into a large saucepan of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, heat a quarter of the butter in a saucepan, and gently fry the cabbage with the nutmeg.
3. Turn off the heat and set aside. Drain potatoes in a colander, then mash until silky smooth. Season well.
4. Add the cabbage to the mash and mix in. Serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021