Serve up a plate of cheese mash that the whole family will enjoy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
• 1kg/2lb potatoes, peeled
• 100g/3½ oz butter
• 1 small savoy cabbage, finely chopped
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• 50g/2oz cheddar grated
1. Put the potatoes into a large saucepan of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, heat a quarter of the butter in a saucepan, and gently fry the cabbage with the nutmeg.
3. Turn off the heat and set aside. Drain potatoes in a colander, then mash until silky smooth. Season well.
4. Add the cabbage to the mash and mix in. Serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- RECIPES TO Celebrate British Food Fortnight - 25th September 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020
- World’s biggest fruit trees flourish in Eden rainforest - 10th September 2020