Organic September is the Soil Association’s annual campaign to raise the profile of organic production and produce, and this year it’s aiming to persuade even more people to make the switch. It suggests 10 ways to get involved:
1. Sign up and download the free Organic September Starter Kit
This is full of offers and promotions on organic brands, top tips and organic recipes from leading chefs. You’ll also be automatically entered into the Organic September prize draw.
2. Look for the organic logo and make small changes to your weekly shop
Start small with everyday essentials like milk or tea – or go for a complete organic overhaul.
3. Find your local indie retailer
Support local independent shops this September. The SA has a store locator at https://www.soilassociation.org/organic-living/buy-organic/find-your-local-independent-retailer/ September 16 is Organic September Saturday, when stores across the UK will be hosting special events, offers, demos and tastings.
4. Sign up to an organic box scheme
Support your local organic farmer. There’s a box scheme locator at https://www.soilassociation.org/organic-living/buy-organic/find-an-organic-box-scheme/
5. Cook organic
Take advantage of all the organic produce on offer and experiment with some new recipes.
6. Ask for organic
‘People power can really have an impact and retailers, restaurants and cafés listen to their customers. If we don’t ask, we don’t get, so let’s get organic on the agenda!’ says the SA.
7. Look for organic when you eat out
Look out for the SA’s ‘Organic Served Here’ logo.
8. Explain why you choose organic on social media
Share your stories with the #ChooseOrganic hashtag for a chance to win prizes.
9. Spread the word
Talk to friends and family about the benefits of going organic.
10. Join the Soil Association
Find out about SA membership at https://www.soilassociation.org/support-us/organic-september/
Read more, sign up and get your Starter Kit at https://www.soilassociation.org/blogs/2017/take-part-this-organic-september/Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021