Compost bags are ideal as containers for growing early potatoes. So here’s how to do it:
- Roll the sides of each bag down half way.
- Add multi-purpose compost to a depth of 15cm (6inches)
- Plant one or two seed potatoes (first or second earlies)
- Cover with another 15cm (6inches) of compost and then water in.
- As leaves emerge, just keep covering with compost and roll the outer edge of the bag upwards as you go along to about 30cms (12in).
- Keep well watered.
- And, oh yes, very important! Make sure there are holes in the bottom of the bag before you start!
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Begin a green career at an RHS Garden - 13th January 2021
- PRODUCT REVIEW: SHED ACCESSORIES - 25th December 2020
- Christmas Poinsettia: It doesn’t have to be a one month wonder - 8th December 2020