Compost bags are ideal as containers for growing early potatoes. So here’s how to do it:
- Roll the sides of each bag down half way.
- Add multi-purpose compost to a depth of 15cm (6inches)
- Plant one or two seed potatoes (first or second earlies)
- Cover with another 15cm (6inches) of compost and then water in.
- As leaves emerge, just keep covering with compost and roll the outer edge of the bag upwards as you go along to about 30cms (12in).
- Keep well watered.
- And, oh yes, very important! Make sure there are holes in the bottom of the bag before you start!
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.