Surprisingly quick to make, these stuffed cabbage parcels can be made with endless filling combinations.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 1 onion
• 400g/14oz turkey mince
• 200g/7oz mushrooms
• 4 cloves of garlic
• 25 g/1oz walnuts
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus a drizzle extra
• 8 big savoy cabbage leaves
• ½ tsp dried sage
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. Finely chop the onion, chop the mushrooms, and peel and finely chop the garlic. Chop the walnuts.
3. Heat the oil in a pan over a low-medium heat, and sauté the onion and turkey mince for a few minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms, walnuts and sage then season and cover.
4. Gently cook for about 5-7 minutes. Stir often, adding water if it catches.
5. Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes, drain and lay out on a board. Fold the feta into the stuffing mix, then spoon 3 tablespoons into the centre of each leaf.
6. Roll up and place, seam-side down, in a baking dish. Drizzle with oil, cover and bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.