Sweet pickling your harvested cucumbers is so easy it’s a joy!
You can also use them the very same day, and they are perfect on barbecued burgers or hot dogs.
Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes
• 1 cucumber
• 100ml/3½fl oz wine vinegar
• 100ml/3½fl oz water
• 50g/2oz sugar
• 1 tsp salt
1. Cut the cucumber into thin slices, place them on a plate and sprinkle them with a little salt.
2. Simmer the vinegar, water, sugar and salt until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Squeeze any excess water from the cucumber slices, then place them in a glass and pour the mixture over. Seal and refrigerate until needed.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- From Liverpool to Cornwall – rich harvest for national wildflower centre - 13th October 2020
- The nation is taking on the pandemic – one mile at a time - 13th October 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020