Making your own baby purée from apples is so easy – and you can rest assured you know exactly what went in the recipe.
If you are not using your own home-grown apples, make sure you choose organic apples free of pesticides. Let baby eat it as is, or mix it into porridge for a naturally sweetened dish.
MAKES 5-6 PORTIONS | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 4 sweet eating apples
• 5-7 tbsp water
1. Peel, core and chop the apples.
2. Put the apples into a heavy-based saucepan together with the water. Cover and cook over a low heat for six to eight minutes or until really tender.
3. Purée in a food processor or place in a bowl and mash well with a potato masher.
4. Freeze in individual portions.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- DAZZLING DAHLIAS AT HELIGAN - 13th August 2021
- National Allotments Week 2021 9 to 15 August - 9th August 2021
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021