A vibrant beetroot coleslaw that is great with anything grilled and in sandwiches the next day!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 2 beetroot, grated
• ½ sweetheart cabbage, shredded
• 2 small carrots, grated
• 1 tsp mustard
• 2 tbsp raisins
• A squeeze of lemon
• 4-5 tbsp mayo or yoghurt
• 1 pack halloumi, sliced
• 175g (6oz) couscous
• Some parsley, chopped
1. Mix the beetroot, cabbage and carrot with the mustard, mayo and raisins. Season to taste with salt and pepper and squeeze a little lemon over. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
2. Preheat the grill, and pop the halloumi slices under to cook. Turn once golden. Then set aside.
3. Pour over 250ml (8fl oz) boiling water over the couscous, stir to mix, then cover. Leave to stand for 7-10 minutes or until softened. To serve, fluff up with a fork and stir in the parsley.
4. Assemble on plates and serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021