A vibrant beetroot coleslaw that is great with anything grilled and in sandwiches the next day!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 2 beetroot, grated
• ½ sweetheart cabbage, shredded
• 2 small carrots, grated
• 1 tsp mustard
• 2 tbsp raisins
• A squeeze of lemon
• 4-5 tbsp mayo or yoghurt
• 1 pack halloumi, sliced
• 175g (6oz) couscous
• Some parsley, chopped
1. Mix the beetroot, cabbage and carrot with the mustard, mayo and raisins. Season to taste with salt and pepper and squeeze a little lemon over. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
2. Preheat the grill, and pop the halloumi slices under to cook. Turn once golden. Then set aside.
3. Pour over 250ml (8fl oz) boiling water over the couscous, stir to mix, then cover. Leave to stand for 7-10 minutes or until softened. To serve, fluff up with a fork and stir in the parsley.
4. Assemble on plates and serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- A tomato update - 16th June 2022
- A weekend of discovery unearthing London’s hidden gems by foot or bike - 6th June 2022
- Create your own tiny tray allotment this Children’s Gardening Week - 24th May 2022