Preparation time: 10 minutes
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 2 large potatoes
• 1 large handful of perpetual spinach, washed and chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp jalapeños
• Salt and pepper
• 50g/2oz cheddar, grated
• A pinch of paprika
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into dice-size cubes. Parboil for 5 minutes, then drain.
2. Add oil to a frying pan and then the potatoes and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are browned, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the jalapeños, mix in.
4. Next add the spinach and combine until wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Make 2 wells in the centre of the potato mixture and crack one egg into each well. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the eggs are partially set, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the egg whites are completely set, 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Sprinkle a little paprika over the eggs and serve immediately.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- A tomato update - 16th June 2022
- A weekend of discovery unearthing London’s hidden gems by foot or bike - 6th June 2022
- Create your own tiny tray allotment this Children’s Gardening Week - 24th May 2022