Serve it with a parmesan crisp to make it a little more special.
Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
• 500g/1lb broccoli, roughly chopped
• 200g/8oz kale, roughly chopped
• ½ head of white cabbage, roughly chopped
• 1 large onion
• 1 leek
• 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
• 1 litre hot stock
• A small bunch of mint leaves.
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• A knob of butter
• 50g/1oz parmesan, grated
1. Heat butter and oil in a pan over a medium heat until the butter melts.
2. Roughly slice the onion and leek and add to the pan, cooking for 5-10 minutes until soft.
3. Add the broccoli, kale, cabbage and potato to the pan, pour over the stock and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes until tender.
4. Meanwhile, make the parmesan crisps by preheating the oven to 200°C/fan 180C/Gas 6.
5. Divide the parmesan into six portions and place on to a baking paper-lined baking tray and lightly pat down. Space the spoonfuls about 2cm (1in) apart.
6. Bake for three to five minutes or until golden and crisp. Leave to cool.
7. Next, add the mint leaves to the soup, then blend with a hand blender or whiz in your food processor until liquidised. Season to taste and serve with the crisps.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021