Tzatziki is a famously garlicky yoghurt dip from Greece. It’s commonly eaten as a sauce on pitta or a dip for vegetables.
• 1 cucumber
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 small bunch dill, chopped
• 500ml full-fat Greek yoghurt
• 1½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
• Fresh ground black pepper
1. Peel the cucumber, cut it in half, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard.
2. Grate the cucumber, then place in a fine sieve and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Sprinkle with salt, then let stand for at least 10 minutes to drain any remaining water. Squeeze once more to drain.
3. Next mix the cucumber, garlic, dill and yoghurt with the white wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Then serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.