This lively summer salad scores on looks as well as taste
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
200g (7oz) French beans, tops removed and cut into 1.5cm (½in) slices on the diagonal
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ tsp brown sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A small bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
1. Put the red and yellow pepper and the garlic cloves on a baking tray and coat them in ½ tbsp of the oil. Put the tray into the oven at 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6 for 20 minutes, or until the pepper has started to char around the edges.
2. Steam the beans until they are just tender, then refresh them under cold running water.
3. Crush the roasted garlic cloves, then mix them with the remaining 1½ tbsp oil, the vinegar, the sugar, a pinch of salt and a generous grinding of black pepper, to make a dressing.
4. Put the peppers into a bowl with the beans, the parsley and the dressing, and mix everything together.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- A tomato update - 16th June 2022
- A weekend of discovery unearthing London’s hidden gems by foot or bike - 6th June 2022
- Create your own tiny tray allotment this Children’s Gardening Week - 24th May 2022