This is a great side dish to serve alongside barbecued fish.
• 2-3 fennel bulbs
• 1 lemon, juice of
• 50g (2oz) Parmigiano cheese
1. Trim the stalks off the fennel, then slice.
2. Brush each side with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
3. Place slices on a medium hot grill turning once, so you get a nice char on each side.
4. Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil, adding salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle all over.
5. Garnish with the shavings of Parmigiano cheese.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- RECIPES TO Celebrate British Food Fortnight - 25th September 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020
- World’s biggest fruit trees flourish in Eden rainforest - 10th September 2020