This pastry crown makes an impressive centrepiece for the Christmas table, and is perfect for sharing with friends
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 1 x ready rolled puff pastry
• 3 tomatoes, sliced
• 1 courgette sliced
• 3 tbsp pesto
• 100g/3½oz grated mozzarella
• A handful of mixed herbs, chopped
• 1 egg (for brushing)
1. Preheat oven 200C/fan 180C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Roll out the puff pastry and trim off the edges to create a large circle.
3. Leaving the paper wrapper on the bottom, transfer on to a baking tray.
4. Place a cereal bowl, upside-down, in the centre of the puff pastry.
5. Next, spread the pesto sauce around the exposed areas of the puff pastry.
6. Alternate the tomatoes and courgette on top of the pesto.
7. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the vegetables, and scatter the herbs over, then fold the outer edge of the puff pastry up and slightly over the filling.
8. Remove the bowl. Using a knife, divide the section where the bowl was into 8 equal pie sections.
9. Now fold each of the sections over the vegetables and seal the puff pastry with the sides. Then egg wash the pastry.
10. Place the pastry into the oven. Cook for approximately 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.