A pretty and tasty summer salad, great served as a light lunch.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
FOR THE MAPLE-NUT CLUSTERS
- 75g (3oz) sliced almonds
- 50g (2oz) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g (2oz) pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
FOR THE SALAD
- 4 plums, halved and pitted
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 150g (5oz) mixed salad leaves
- 125g (4oz) goat’s cheese, crumbled.
1.On a dry pan over a medium-high heat, cook the almonds, hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds until the start to become fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Watch them carefully and stir frequently so they don’t burn.
3.Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and black pepper. Set aside.
4. Assemble the salads. In a large bowl toss the greens with the salad dressing. Divide the salad evenly along with the salad dressing. Divide the salad evenly among 4 plates. Top each plate with two plumb halves, some of the goat’s cheese and a handful of the maple crunch.
5. Enjoy immediately.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021