Winter squash and potatoes make a very happy marriage.
Serve this up with a tray of sausages for an easy midweek supper – or an outdoor feast around a Guy Fawkes’ bonfire.
Ingredients (serves 2)
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
350g (12oz) floury potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
3 tbsp olive oil
350g (12oz) winter squash (prepared weight), peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges
½ tbsp cumin seeds, crushed
½ tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 mild red chilli, finely diced
1/8 tsp salt
1. Parboil the potatoes for eight minutes, then drain them and rattle them around in the pan to rough up the outsides.
2. Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Spoon the oil on to a baking tray and put it into the oven for five minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, squash, cumin, coriander, chilli and salt to the tray. Mix everything together well and put the tray back into the oven for 30 minutes, by which time the potatoes should be colouring and the squash charring around the edges.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- A tomato update - 16th June 2022
- A weekend of discovery unearthing London’s hidden gems by foot or bike - 6th June 2022
- Create your own tiny tray allotment this Children’s Gardening Week - 24th May 2022