Winter squash and potatoes make a very happy marriage.
Serve this up with a tray of sausages for an easy midweek supper – or an outdoor feast around a Guy Fawkes’ bonfire.
Ingredients (serves 2)
350g (12oz) floury potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
3 tbsp olive oil
350g (12oz) winter squash (prepared weight), peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges
½ tbsp cumin seeds, crushed
½ tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 mild red chilli, finely diced
1/8 tsp salt
1. Parboil the potatoes for eight minutes, then drain them and rattle them around in the pan to rough up the outsides.
2. Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Spoon the oil on to a baking tray and put it into the oven for five minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, squash, cumin, coriander, chilli and salt to the tray. Mix everything together well and put the tray back into the oven for 30 minutes, by which time the potatoes should be colouring and the squash charring around the edges.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021