Something to get your day started….the kids might enjoy it too
The RSPB has begun a daily Breakfast Birdwatch, taking place between 8-9am weekdays, at a time when many of us would have been commuting to work, doing the school run, or otherwise unable to enjoy the splendour of nature, from the safety of our homes.
Using #BreakfastBirdwatch on social media, the aim is to create a friendly, supportive and engaged community who are able to share what they can see in their gardens, on their balconies, rooftops and spaces from their own homes, all the while keeping within government guidelines in relation to Covid-19.
It is vital that nature can still be enjoyed by as many people as possible, whether keen birders, parents, children, those self-isolating or anyone else able to join in. Over the coming days and weeks, the RSPB will be helping people to share their wildlife encounters and provide ideas for things you can do for wildlife close to home.
With the arrival of spring, there is so much incredible nature returning, blooming, growing and thriving outside, and while we are in the midst of an unparalleled crisis, we must not forget the power of nature, including how watching nature can be so positive for our mental health and wellbeing.
Throughout the coming weeks, Breakfast Birdwatch will focus on different themes and different species, helping to identify what our supporters have seen and heard, and answering questions along the way.
• Breakfast Birdwatch takes place weekdays between 8-9am
• Users asked to include #BreakfastBirdwatch when sharing updates, photos, videos, questions and comments
• The RSPB will have different themes, focussing on different species and helping supporters stay creative with ideas such as drawing and poetry
• As outdoor activity remains limited, and with reserves closed, it is more important than ever to ensure the general public has a powerful connection with the nature on their doorstep.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- DAZZLING DAHLIAS AT HELIGAN - 13th August 2021
- National Allotments Week 2021 9 to 15 August - 9th August 2021
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021