This bowl of good-for-you foods is perfect for an energy-boosting light lunch or sharing snack.
Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
- 100g red and white quinoa (or just use white)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 South African Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced
- 1 South African Packham or William pear, cored and sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 100g Red Leicester cheese, cut into chunks
- 60g whole almonds
- A few pomegranate seeds
1. Rinse the quinoa, put it into a saucepan and cover with double the volume of cold water. Add a pinch of salt and cook gently for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain in a sieve or colander and rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
2. Share the quinoa between 2 serving bowls and arrange the apple, pear and avocado slices on top with the cheese and almonds.
3. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, then serve.
Cook’s tip: Try Cheddar or Double Gloucester cheese instead of Red Leicester, and add a few seedless grapes if you like.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.