A little modern take on the classic Italian pasta puttanesca, omitting the pasta and replacing it with spiralised courgettes. If you don’t have a spiraliser, you can cut ribbons instead using a peeler.
Preparation time: 25 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 3 courgettes, spiralised or cut into ribbons
• 4 anchovies
• 1 can of tuna, drained
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 3 tsp capers
• 1 tbsp pitted black olives, sliced
• ½ tsp chilli flakes
• 1 tin of tomatoes
• Olive oil
• Parmesan to serve
1. Add a generous amount of olive oil to a large frying pan, then add the crushed garlic and anchovies. Heat until the anchovies melt a bit.
2. Add a sprinkle of chilli flakes and continue to cook for another minute.
3. Add the black olives, tuna and capers to the pan, stir through and cook for a further minute.
4. Now add the tinned tomatoes.
5. Let the dish simmer, stirring now and then for a few minutes, until slightly reduced.
6. Add the spiralised courgettes to the sauce, and stir to coat with the sauce.
7. Remove from the heat and serve with some fresh Parmesan.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- DAZZLING DAHLIAS AT HELIGAN - 13th August 2021
- National Allotments Week 2021 9 to 15 August - 9th August 2021
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021