A delicious and distinctively pink risotto that is sure to please children and adults alike.
SERVES 4 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes
• 250g/8oz risotto rice
• 1ltr/1¾ pints vegetable or chicken stock
• 1tbsp olive oil
• 4 shallots, finely chopped
• ½ courgette, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 50g/2oz butter
• 100ml/3½fl oz white wine
• 100g/3½oz Parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
1. Heat the stock in a saucepan until almost boiling, then reduce heat and keep hot.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the shallot, courgette and beetroot until softened. Then add the garlic, butter and rice.
3. Stir well until the grains are well coated and glistening.
4. Pour in the wine, stir and add one ladleful of hot stock. Simmer, and continue to stir until it has been absorbed.
5. Continue to add the stock at intervals and cook as before until the rice is tender but firm.
6. Once cooked, add the rosemary and cheese and stir gently.Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021