A light dessert perfect for a summer’s day in the garden and great for kids to help with too.
• 400g (14oz) strawberries
• ½ lime, juice of
• 250g (9oz) marshmallows
• 400ml (14fl oz) double cream
1. Roughly chop the strawberries and put them in a saucepan together with the lime juice, and stir over a gentle heat for 5–10 minutes until the strawberries are soft and pulpy, mashing with a fork every so often.
2. Stir the marshmallows into the strawberry mixture, until melted. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
3. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then fold into the cooled strawberry mixture and spoon into 8 serving glasses. Chill overnight or until set.
4. Decorate with the reserved strawberries.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- From Liverpool to Cornwall – rich harvest for national wildflower centre - 13th October 2020
- The nation is taking on the pandemic – one mile at a time - 13th October 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020