• 500g (1 lb) fresh gnocchi
• 30g (1oz) butter
• 400g (14oz) mixed mushrooms, thickly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 300ml (10oz) double cream
• 1 large bunch of parsley
• 100g (3½oz) baby spinach leaves
• 100g (3½oz) Gorgonzola dolce or other mild creamy blue cheese, chopped
• 40g (2oz) grated Parmesan
• Black pepper
1. Cook the gnocchi in a saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions until they rise to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add the mushroom and garlic, then cook, stirring for five to seven minutes until the mushroom has softened.
3. Add cream, parsley and spinach and cook for one minute or until the spinach has wilted. Stir in gnocchi, Gorgonzola and half of the Parmesan until melted.
4. Season with plenty of black pepper, then serve.
Recipe & Photography By Anna PettigrewEnjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.