These sandwiches take no time to make and are great served still warm.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 2 boneless chicken breast
• 4 buns or bagels
• 75g/2½ oz soft goat cheese
• 100g/3½ oz lettuce leaves, such as little gem
• 2 tomatoes, cut into slices
• Olive oil for grilling
• 1 ripe avocado, sliced
1. Cut the chicken breasts in half to make 4 large pieces. Pound each piece between two sheets of greaseproof paper with a meat tenderiser, to ¼ inch thickness, being careful not to tear the meat.
2. Spread pesto onto both sides of chicken. Brush oil onto the frying pan, then grill the chicken until no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes per side.
3. Cut the buns in half and spread with goat’s cheese on the bottom side of each sandwich. Top with the grilled pesto chicken.
4. Divide the lettuce, avocado and tomatoes among the 4 buns.
5. Serve warm.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021
- WEST DEAN WILD DENS OPEN IN TIME FOR HALF TERM - 24th May 2021