These sandwiches take no time to make and are great served still warm.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
• 2 boneless chicken breast
• 4 buns or bagels
• 75g/2½ oz soft goat cheese
• 100g/3½ oz lettuce leaves, such as little gem
• 2 tomatoes, cut into slices
• Olive oil for grilling
• 1 ripe avocado, sliced
1. Cut the chicken breasts in half to make 4 large pieces. Pound each piece between two sheets of greaseproof paper with a meat tenderiser, to ¼ inch thickness, being careful not to tear the meat.
2. Spread pesto onto both sides of chicken. Brush oil onto the frying pan, then grill the chicken until no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes per side.
3. Cut the buns in half and spread with goat’s cheese on the bottom side of each sandwich. Top with the grilled pesto chicken.
4. Divide the lettuce, avocado and tomatoes among the 4 buns.
5. Serve warm.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Chiswick Flower Market grows - 21st January 2022
- GOVERNMENT CONSULTS ON THE banning of peat IN UK HORTICULTURE - 18th December 2021
- DAZZLING DAHLIAS AT HELIGAN - 13th August 2021