Smother them in herb butter for a sure crowd pleaser over the festive period. They make a great alternative to a roasted spud.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
• 12 medium potatoes
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 60g/2oz butter, melted
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Wash the potatoes then carefully make small vertical slits, 2mm apart, three quarters of the way down each potato, all the way along.
3. Put the potatoes in a roasting tray. Brush each potato with oil. Season well with freshly ground black pepper and salt, and roast for 45 minutes until golden and crispy around the edges.
4. Once cooked, top with knobs of butter and herbs.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021