Smother them in herb butter for a sure crowd pleaser over the festive period. They make a great alternative to a roasted spud.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
• 12 medium potatoes
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 60g/2oz butter, melted
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Wash the potatoes then carefully make small vertical slits, 2mm apart, three quarters of the way down each potato, all the way along.
3. Put the potatoes in a roasting tray. Brush each potato with oil. Season well with freshly ground black pepper and salt, and roast for 45 minutes until golden and crispy around the edges.
4. Once cooked, top with knobs of butter and herbs.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- RECIPES TO Celebrate British Food Fortnight - 25th September 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020
- World’s biggest fruit trees flourish in Eden rainforest - 10th September 2020