Want something quick and tasty? Try this delicious home-grown early season salad
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
2 tsp clear honey
½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
A pinch of salt
A generous grinding of black pepper
55g (2oz) pea shoots
75g (2½oz) lettuce, roughly shredded
75g (2½oz) Cheshire (or similar) cheese, crumbled
A handful of spicy microgreens such as radish, rocket or mustard
1. Mix together the oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper to make a dressing.
2. Put the pea shoots, lettuce and cheese into a bowl. Add the dressing and mix everything together.
3. Garnish with the microgreens.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- RECIPES TO Celebrate British Food Fortnight - 25th September 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020
- World’s biggest fruit trees flourish in Eden rainforest - 10th September 2020