These brownies are extra gooey and very rich in chocolate.
A small piece is an excellent end to dinner and the raspberries add little bursts of fruitiness.
MAKES 16 SQUARES | Preparation time: 25 minutes | Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
• 200g/7oz plain chocolate, broken into pieces
• 100g/3½oz milk chocolate, broken into pieces
• 250g/9oz unsalted butter, diced
• 400g/14oz light brown muscovado sugar
• 4 medium free range eggs, beaten
• 175g/6oz plain flour
• 25g/1oz cocoa powder
• 150g/5oz raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan assisted/gas mark 4. Line a 20 x 30cm (8 x 15in) baking tin with baking parchment.
2. Place the chocolate, butter and sugar into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until melted and smooth.
3. Remove from the heat then gradually beat in the eggs until well mixed.
4. Sieve in the flour and cocoa then incorporate it into the batter. Add half the raspberries, stir in, then spoon into the prepared tin. Scatter over the remaining raspberries and bake for 30-35 minutes or until just set.
5. Leave to cool in the tin for five minutes then turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
6. Cut into 16 squares and serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021