High in fibre, and a good source of vitamin C, this winter salad is a perfect way to use
some of your stored carrots.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp cumin seeds
• 400g/14oz carrots, peeled, halved and cut into sticks
• 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
• 1 tbsp clear honey
• 250g/9oz cooked beluga lentils
• 1 onion, finely sliced
• ½ lemon, juiced
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a shallow roasting tin, toss together half the oil, the cumin, carrots, fennel and some seasoning.
2. Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Drizzle over the honey, stir and roast for 5 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, gently heat the lentils with the onion, lemon juice, remaining oil and some salt and pepper.
4. Put the lentils on a serving platter and lay the warm carrots and fennel on top and scatter with feta and a few tsp of wholegrain mustard.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- RECIPES TO Celebrate British Food Fortnight - 25th September 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020
- World’s biggest fruit trees flourish in Eden rainforest - 10th September 2020