High in fibre, and a good source of vitamin C, this winter salad is a perfect way to use
some of your stored carrots.
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp cumin seeds
• 400g/14oz carrots, peeled, halved and cut into sticks
• 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
• 1 tbsp clear honey
• 250g/9oz cooked beluga lentils
• 1 onion, finely sliced
• ½ lemon, juiced
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a shallow roasting tin, toss together half the oil, the cumin, carrots, fennel and some seasoning.
2. Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Drizzle over the honey, stir and roast for 5 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, gently heat the lentils with the onion, lemon juice, remaining oil and some salt and pepper.
4. Put the lentils on a serving platter and lay the warm carrots and fennel on top and scatter with feta and a few tsp of wholegrain mustard.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.