A zesty and flavourful dish that is both easy to prepare and impressive to look at.
Preperation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
• 750g (1lb 10oz) potatoes, thinly sliced
• 2 red onions, peeled and sliced
• 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• 250ml (9fl oz) vegetable stock
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 4 x 175g (6oz) sustainable white fish fillets, such as pollock or coley
FOR THE TOPPING:
• 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
• Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6. Place the potatoes in a roasting tray and scatter over them the sliced onions, garlic, fennel and lemon. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, then gently mix everything together and pour over the vegetable stock and 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
2. Roast for 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Season the fish well and arrange on top of the potatoes. Drizzle with a little more oil, return to the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes until the fish is just opaque. Mix the parsley, capers and remaining oil adding the zest and juice to taste.
3. Spoon over the fish and serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…You can unsubscribe at any time.