Nothing beats a home-grown tomato, right? Celebrate your harvest with these lovely BBQ’d cherry tomato skewers served on sour dough bread.
MAKES 10-12 SKEWERS
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
• 400g/1lb of cherry tomatoes
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce or dark soya sauce
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• Sea salt and black pepper to taste
• 12 slices sourdough bread
• 100g/3.5oz ricotta cheese or soft goats’ cheese
• A small bunch fresh oregano, chopped
1. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from catching fire.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oil, Worcestershire or soya sauce and garlic.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes to the marinade and toss to coat tomatoes evenly.
4. Skewer about five tomatoes on to each bamboo skewer and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Grill the tomato skewers on a prepared barbecue on each side for about 3-4 minutes, or until they are cooked. Set aside and grill the sliced bread.
6. Spread the cheese on to the bread and top with the tomatoes. Sprinkle with oregano and extra salt if desired.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.