FOR THE SOUP:
4 medium-sized carrots
1 medium onion
1 large clove garlic
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 vegetable stock cube
Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE CROUTONS:
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 slices of thick bread (preferably a day old cut into small cubes)
Freshly chopped coriander
1. Place all the soup ingredients in a pan with 600ml (1pint) water and then bring to the boil. Place lid on pan and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots and potato are soft.
2. Take out the bay leaf and puree soup in a blender.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste and 300ml (½pint) of water.
4. Make some croutons by placing bread cubes in a pan of medium hot oil and stir and toss until crisp and golden. Place on some kitchen paper to drain.
5. Heat up soup and before serving sprinkle with croutons and fresh coriander.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- PRODUCT REVIEW: tRIMMERS (sEPTEMBER 21) - 21st July 2021
- Butterfly species hard hit by changeable weather patterns - 16th July 2021
- THE HARTLEY BOTANIC STAND AT HAMPTON COURT - 6th July 2021