Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 225g (8oz) kale, de-stemmed and chopped
• 200g (7oz) pasta
• ½ lemon, juice and zest of
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/190 fan/gas 6.
3. Roast for 25 minutes, until the onion starts to caramelise.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet’s instructions.
5. Combine the lemon juice and zest and balsamic vinegar, set aside.
6. Five minutes before the sweet potatoes are done, add the kale to the roasting pan and mix in.
7. Pour over the balsamic mixture, and roast for the remaining 5 minutes.
8. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and mix in the cooked pasta with the roasted vegetables and serve with the chopped herbs on top.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.