Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 225g (8oz) kale, de-stemmed and chopped
• 200g (7oz) pasta
• ½ lemon, juice and zest of
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/190 fan/gas 6.
3. Roast for 25 minutes, until the onion starts to caramelise.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet’s instructions.
5. Combine the lemon juice and zest and balsamic vinegar, set aside.
6. Five minutes before the sweet potatoes are done, add the kale to the roasting pan and mix in.
7. Pour over the balsamic mixture, and roast for the remaining 5 minutes.
8. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and mix in the cooked pasta with the roasted vegetables and serve with the chopped herbs on top.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021
- WEST DEAN WILD DENS OPEN IN TIME FOR HALF TERM - 24th May 2021