Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 400g (13oz) pasta of your choice
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 leeks, sliced
• 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
• 2 tbsp black olives, de-stoned
• 1 x 200g (7oz) tin of tuna, drained
• 150 ml (¼ pint) dry white wine
• ½ lemon, zest of
• 150 ml (¼ pint) double cream
• 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
• Salt and black pepper
1. Place the pasta into a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water. Boil for 10-12 minutes until al- dente. Drain well and return to the pan.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the leeks and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes.
3. Flake in the tuna, add the olives, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine, bring to the boil for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream and heat through for 2–3 minutes.
4. Add the tuna sauce to the pasta with the parsley and stir over a medium heat for 1 minute.
5. Serve immediately.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- RECIPES TO Celebrate British Food Fortnight - 25th September 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020
- World’s biggest fruit trees flourish in Eden rainforest - 10th September 2020