It is really simple to make as you throw all the ingredients in a food processor. No chopping required!
SERVES 8 | Preparation time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 125g/4.5oz red lentils
• 1 large red onion
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• 6-8 tbsp oats
• 1 handful flat-leaf parsley
• Sea salt and pepper
• Coconut oil for frying
1. Cook the lentils according to the directions on packet. Drain, and put them in a food processor together with the other ingredients and pulse until just combined. If the consistency is too wet, add a few more oats.
2. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Form 8 patties from the mixture and fry them over medium heat in plenty of oil about five minutes on each side, until golden and crisp.
4. Enjoy straight away, or reheat on the BBQ for extra smoky flavour.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- DAZZLING DAHLIAS AT HELIGAN - 13th August 2021
- National Allotments Week 2021 9 to 15 August - 9th August 2021
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021