It is really simple to make as you throw all the ingredients in a food processor. No chopping required!
SERVES 8 | Preparation time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
• 125g/4.5oz red lentils
• 1 large red onion
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• 6-8 tbsp oats
• 1 handful flat-leaf parsley
• Sea salt and pepper
• Coconut oil for frying
1. Cook the lentils according to the directions on packet. Drain, and put them in a food processor together with the other ingredients and pulse until just combined. If the consistency is too wet, add a few more oats.
2. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Form 8 patties from the mixture and fry them over medium heat in plenty of oil about five minutes on each side, until golden and crisp.
4. Enjoy straight away, or reheat on the BBQ for extra smoky flavour.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.