SERVES 4 AS A STARTER
• 10 mushrooms, sliced (any mushroom will do, but chestnut work well)
• 1 packet of ready made puff pastry
• 4 tbsp cream cheese
• 2 tbs sour cream
• 3 tbsp parmesan, grated, plus extra to sprinkle
• 1 egg, beaten
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 bunch parsley
• 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
• 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 180°C/gas 5
2. Cut the pastry sheet into four rectangles. Run a sharp knife along all 4 edges of the pastry 1cm (½in) inside the edge, taking care not to cut all the way through. Prick the inside of the tarts’ shells with a fork and bake them for 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
3. In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, egg and grated parmesan. Season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the olive oil with the garlic in a pan, then add the sliced mushrooms, cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the chopped parsley and remove from the heat.
5. Pour a little of the cheese mixture into each tart shell, top with the mushrooms and sprinkle a little cheese on top. Finish by adding some freshly ground pepper over them. Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe & Photography By Anna PettigrewEnjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.