Preparation:10 minutes | Cooking: 25 minutes
300g prepared butternut squash, cut into chunks
1tbsp olive oil
Pinch of cumin seeds or chilli flakes (optional)
30g whole hazelnuts
1 South African Pink Lady apple
250g roast chicken, torn into pieces
3tbsp olive oil
2tbsp lemon juice
1tsp Dijon mustard
Pinch of caster sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Put the butternut squash into a roasting tin, add the olive oil and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes. Turn the butternut squash chunks over, sprinkle with the cumin seeds or chilli flakes (if using) and add the hazelnuts. Roast for 3-4 more minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and sugar. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. When the butternut squash is almost cooked, share the salad leaves between 2 serving plates. Core and slice the apple and arrange on the salads with the roast chicken. Scatter the hot butternut squash and hazelnuts on top.
4. Serve at once, drizzled with the dressing.
Recipe & Image South African FruitKitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021
- WEST DEAN WILD DENS OPEN IN TIME FOR HALF TERM - 24th May 2021