Makes 14 Muffins!
225g (8oz) plain flour
200g (7oz) caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
200ml (7fl oz) milk
85ml (3fl oz) vegetable oil
150g (5¼oz) strawberries, diced
50g (1¾oz) white chocolate chips
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Measure the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix them together.
2. Measure the milk and oil into a jug, add the egg, and mix them together.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ones, then stir in the strawberries, chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Don’t mix any longer than is necessary to combine everything.
4. Divide the mixture between 14 muffin cases, filling them to 1cm (½in) short of the top.
5. Put the muffins into the oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6 for 20 minutes, or until they are firm and springy to the touch.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Chiswick Flower Market grows - 21st January 2022
- GOVERNMENT CONSULTS ON THE banning of peat IN UK HORTICULTURE - 18th December 2021
- DAZZLING DAHLIAS AT HELIGAN - 13th August 2021