Makes 14 Muffins!
225g (8oz) plain flour
200g (7oz) caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
200ml (7fl oz) milk
85ml (3fl oz) vegetable oil
150g (5¼oz) strawberries, diced
50g (1¾oz) white chocolate chips
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Measure the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix them together.
2. Measure the milk and oil into a jug, add the egg, and mix them together.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ones, then stir in the strawberries, chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Don’t mix any longer than is necessary to combine everything.
4. Divide the mixture between 14 muffin cases, filling them to 1cm (½in) short of the top.
5. Put the muffins into the oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6 for 20 minutes, or until they are firm and springy to the touch.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- THE HELIGAN NIGHT GARDEN - 23rd November 2020
- Restoration of unique ‘Capability’ Brown garden given lifeline - 19th November 2020
- Third of UK spend less than 15 minutes a day outdoors - 17th November 2020