• 3 bell peppers, chopped
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 400g/1lb chicken breast
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp oregano
• 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 handful spinach
• 5 garlic cloves, minced
• ¼ tsp chilli flakes
• 200ml (7fl oz) single cream
• 70g (2½oz) Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
• 300g (10oz) penne pasta
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Toss the red pepper and onion in 2 tbsp oil and oregano, then roast for 30 minutes until soft and slightly charred.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet on high heat, heat the rest of the oil, then add the chicken and fry for a few minutes until no longer pink. Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
3. In the same pan, add chopped tomatoes, spinach, garlic, paprika, crushed chilli, red peppers and onion; stir through.
4. Add the cream and bring to the boil. Then put the chicken back in the pan with the grated Parmesan cheese and reduce to a simmer for 5-7 minutes. Season to taste.
5. In the meantime bring a large pot of water to the boil, add pasta and cook it according to instructions. Drain the pasta.
6. Add pasta to the pan with the sauce, stir through.
7. Serve with extra cheese on top.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021