• 1 tsp easy bake yeast
• 400g (14oz) organic strong flour
• 100g (3½oz) organic spelt flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 130g (4½oz) courgettes, grated
• 350ml (12fl oz) lukewarm water
• 1 egg, beaten
1. In a large bowl mix together the flours and yeast. Then add the water, salt and grated courgette. Mix well to form a soft dough.
2. Turn out on a floured surface and knead for at least 10 minutes by hand until the dough is smooth and elastic. Add more flour while kneading if the dough gets sticky – but this dough should be quite wet for best results.
3. Drizzle a little olive oil into a bowl, pop the dough in, cover and leave to rise in a warm spot for two hours, or until doubled in size.
4. When risen, divide the dough into six balls and place on a greased baking tray. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for an additional 45 minutes.
5. Brush with the beaten egg and scatter a few pumpkin seeds over. Then pop into a preheated oven at 220C/200C fan/gas 6 and bake for 15 minutes until golden.The rolls are ready when they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
6. Leave to cool slightly on a wire rack then enjoy.
Recipe & Photo by Anna PettigrewEnjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.