Having a roll of flavoured butter in your freezer can really perk up fish and other dishes. And it’s easy to make too.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
• A two-inch piece horseradish root, peeled and grated
• 1 tsp fine sea salt
• 200g (8oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 2 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. In a food processor, add the butter, horseradish and zest and process until smooth and well combined.
2. Next add the parsley and pulse just until evenly distributed.
3. Place a 60cm (2ft) long sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap on a work surface. Using a rubber spatula, spread the butter into a rough log about 20cm (8in) long. Wrap the parchment or plastic wrap snugly around the log and, using your palms, roll the log back and forth to shape it into a smooth roll.
4. Twist both ends to seal. Pop into the freezer for up to three months.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021