Peas And Brussels Sprouts With Hazelnut And Orange Glaze
- 200g prepared Brussels sprouts
- 400g frozen peas
- 50g butter
- 50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1tsp sugar
- Sea salt and black pepper
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
- Cook the Brussels sprouts in boiling, salted water for five minutes or until nearly tender, add the peas, bring to the boil and simmer for a further two minutes. Drain and place into a warm serving dish.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small heavy-based frying pan. When the butter is foaming, add the chopped nuts and fry for one minute until slightly golden.
- Add the orange juice and the sugar and boil for a further minute.
- Add the grated orange zest. Season with a little black pepper and pour the sauce over the vegetables, making sure that they are well covered.
Serves 6Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.