These light delicious scones are great served still warm.
• 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 50g (1oz) butter
• 50g (2oz) sugar
• 1 stick rhubarb, cut into 1cm pieces.
• 125g (4oz) oats
• 150g (5fl oz) butter milk
• 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 220C/200 fan/gas 6
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl, then rub in butter, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the sugar and rhubarb.
4. Beat the egg with the buttermilk, then add to the mixing bowl, mix together until you have a soft dough.
5. Tip dough out on to a floured work surface, and form a 2cm (1in) thick round.
6. Cut the round into 8 triangles, and place on a baking tray.
7. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
Recipe & Photography By Anna PettigrewEnjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.