Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 200g/8oz smoked salmon
• 2 large beetroot
• 6 slices of bread
• Butter for the toast
FOR THE DRESSING:
• 1 tbsp runny honey
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
• A large handful of dill, chopped
1. Place the beetroot in a large pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Leave to cool slightly, then remove the skin. Grate or spiralise the beetroot, then set aside. (You can wear gloves for this to avoid staining your hands – although I find washing your hands straight away with a little salt works a treat.)
3. Meanwhile make the dressing by mixing the dressing ingredients well.
4. Toast the slices of bread, butter them, then cut into triangles.
5. Next, lay the smoked salmon and beetroot on the toast in a pretty manner. Drizzle with plenty of the dressing and a few extra sprigs of dill. Serve straight away with a glass of something chilled.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- RECIPES TO Celebrate British Food Fortnight - 25th September 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020
- World’s biggest fruit trees flourish in Eden rainforest - 10th September 2020