Full of flavour and simple enough for weeknight dinners.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 200g/8oz tofu, cubed
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
• 1 tin coconut milk
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets
• 1 carrot, chopped
• 100g/3½oz mushrooms, chopped
• 200g/8 oz green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
• a handful of Thai basil leaves
• 1½ tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
• Steamed white rice or brown rice, for serving.
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, and add the tofu. Fry until golden, then remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Next add the onion to the same pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about six minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
3. Add the curry paste, stirring to coat the onions, and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
4. Add the coconut milk, soy sauce and stir in. Bring to a simmer.
5. Next add the cauliflower, carrot, mushrooms, and green beans and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is just tender, about eight to 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil leaves and lime juice. Taste and season with more salt as needed.
7. Add the crispy tofu back to the curry, and transfer to a serving dish.
8. Serve with steamed rice.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021