A colourful finely diced salad – ensuring you get a bit of everything in every bite! Eat it as it is, or use it as a sandwich filling.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
FOR THE SALAD:
• 2 tins tuna (dolphin friendly)
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1 tin black beans, drained & rinsed
• 100g/3oz black olives, drained and sliced
• 1 tin sweetcorn, drained
• 1 carrot grated
• 2 beef tomatoes, diced
• 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped well
• Small bunch of coriander, chopped
• 1 ripe avocado, diced
• 1 tbsp Jalapeño, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING:
• 100ml/3fl oz fat-free plain yogurt
• 50ml /1fl oz mayo
• 1 tsp garlic powder
1. In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together, and mix well.
2. In a small bowl stir all the dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing to combine, mixing until the salad is evenly coated in dressing.
4. Serve in pitta pockets, with a baked potato or dip style with tortilla chips.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021
- JOIN THE BIG BUTTERFLY COUNT - 11th June 2021
- WATER SAVING WEEK MAY 17-22 2021: Save water and upgrade your houseplant carE - 11th June 2021