A light dessert perfect for a summer’s day in the garden and great for kids to help with too.
• 400g (14oz) strawberries
• ½ lime, juice of
• 250g (9oz) marshmallows
• 400ml (14fl oz) double cream
1. Roughly chop the strawberries and put them in a saucepan together with the lime juice, and stir over a gentle heat for 5–10 minutes until the strawberries are soft and pulpy, mashing with a fork every so often.
2. Stir the marshmallows into the strawberry mixture, until melted. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
3. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then fold into the cooled strawberry mixture and spoon into 8 serving glasses. Chill overnight or until set.
4. Decorate with the reserved strawberries.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Survey the UK’s mammals from your garden this year - 13th May 2021
- Funding for green social prescribing helps communities recover from COVID-19 - 10th May 2021
- BRITISH ARTISTS TO RAISE FUNDS FOR HORATIO’S GARDEN - 27th April 2021