Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 tsp ground coriander
• 1 potato, peeled and diced
• 50g (2oz) red lentils
• 450g (15oz) carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1.3 litres vegetable or chicken stock
• Handful fresh coriander
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion, and sauté together with the ground coriander for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the fresh coriander, carrots and potato, then cook for 1 minute.
3. Now add the stock and lentils, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
4. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth. Then season to taste. Serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- DAZZLING DAHLIAS AT HELIGAN - 13th August 2021
- National Allotments Week 2021 9 to 15 August - 9th August 2021
- Create a log pile for stag beetles and other wildlife - 21st June 2021